IGF-1 LR3 Review | Buy IGF-1 LR3Admin
Please Read our Disclaimer
Long arginine 3-IGF-1, abbreviated as IGF-1 LR3 or LR3-IGF-1, is a synthetic protein and lengthened analogue insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). It differs from native IGF-1 in that it possesses an arginine instead of a glutamic acid at the third position in its amino acid sequence (“arginine 3”), and also has an additional 13 amino acids at its N-terminus (MFPAMPLLSLFVN) (“long”), for a total of 83 amino acids (relative to the 70 of IGF-1).
The consequences of these modifications are that IGF-1 LR3 retains the pharmacological activity of IGF-1 as an agonist of the IGF-1 receptor, has very low affinity for the insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBPs), and has improved metabolic stability. As a result, it is approximately three times more potent than IGF-1 and possesses a significantly longer half-life of about 20–30 hours (relative to IGF-1’s half-life of about 12–15 hours). It is a sterile filtered white lyophilized(freeze-dried) powder.
Structure of IGF-1 LR3
IGF-1 Long R3, or IGF-1 LR3, is a form of IGF that has been chemically altered with changed amino acids. It consists of 83 amino acids with a substation of Arg(R) for the Glu(E) at position three, hence, the name R3. The altercations enable it to avoid binding to proteins in the body, which allows it to have a longer half-life.
Mechanism of action
IGF-1 LR3(Insulin-like growth factor-1 LR3) is a major hormonal mediator of statural growth. Under regular circumstances, GH (growth hormone) binds to its receptor in the liver, and other tissues, and stimulates the synthesis/secretion of IGF-1. In target tissues, the type 1 IGF receptor, that is homologous to the insulin receptor, is activated by IGF-1 LR3 leading to intracellular signaling which stimulates multiple processes leading to statural growth.
IGF-1 LR3 metabolic actions are partly directed at stimulating the uptake of glucose, fatty acids, and amino acids so that metabolism supports growing tissues.
IGF-1 LR3 effects
- GF helps increase muscle mass in research subjects. It does this by inducing hyperplasia – which means increasing the rate of reproduction of cells, allowing for tissue enlargement.
- Nerve tissue regeneration and the anti-ageing effects also work in the same manner.
- It reduces fat, both in vitro and in vivo. It has been shown to not possess lipolytic properties due to the lack of IGF-1 receptors in adipocytes. The fat loss is most likely due to the additional metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates, as well as the fact that it stops glucose from entering the cells, causing fat to be used for energy.
IGF-1 LR3 Side effects
- Few side effects are reported for IGF-1 LR3, but high doses have been reported to cause hypoglycemia – a deficiency of glucose in the blood.
- The most important side effect to mention is also the reason people use the peptide – hyperplasia.
- Due to the increased reproduction of cells, cancerous cells are also included, allowing tumors to grow at increased rates. There have been several studies on the effect of IGF on animals sick with cancer. This doesn’t necessarily mean IGF causes cancer, but it does accelerate existing cancerous growths.
Insulin-like growth factor-1 LR3 can be purchased from labs. It undergoes top-notch quality control and is tested with high power liquid chromatography (HPLC) and mass spectrometry to make sure it is of the highest purity. IGF-1 LR3 is usually sold in lyophilized powder form as 1mg vials.
- Tomas FM, Lemmey AB, Read LC, Ballard FJ (1996). “Superior potency of infused IGF-I analogues which bind poorly to IGF-binding proteins is maintained when administered by injection”. J. Endocrinol. 150 (1): 77–84. doi:10.1677/joe.0.1500077. PMID 8708565.
- Mohan S, Baylink DJ (2002). “IGF-binding proteins are multifunctional and act via IGF-dependent and -independent mechanisms”. J. Endocrinol. 175 (1): 19–31. doi:10.1677/joe.0.1750019. PMID 12379487.
- Tomas FM, Knowles SE, Owens PC, Chandler CS, Francis GL, Read LC, Ballard FJ (1992). “Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and especially IGF-I variants are anabolic in dexamethasone-treated rats”. Biochem. J. 282 ( Pt 1): 91–7. doi:10.1042/bj2820091. PMC 1130894. PMID 1371669.
- Von der Thüsen JH, Borensztajn KS, Moimas S, van Heiningen S, Teeling P, van Berkel TJ, Biessen EA (2011). “IGF-1 has plaque-stabilizing effects in atherosclerosis by altering vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype”. Am. J. Pathol. 178 (2): 924–34. doi:10.1016/j.ajpath.2010.10.007. PMC 3069834. PMID 21281823.
- Mario Thevis (2010). Mass Spectrometry in Sports Drug Testing: Characterization of Prohibited Substances and Doping Control Analytical Assays. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 252–. ISBN 978-1-118-03514-6.