MELANOTAN 2 (MT2)Admin
Melanotan 2 (MT2) is a synthetic analog of the alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone.
It is available in 10mg vials for research and analytical purposes.
Scientific studies on animal test subjects showed potential protection against harmful ultraviolet rays.
At Loti Labs, we pride ourselves on stocking high-quality research chemicals. Buy Melanotan 2 for sale for research purposes only and not for human consumption.
Melanotan 2 synthesis first took place at the University of Arizona. It is a synthetic analog of the naturally occurring melanocortin peptide hormone, alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (α-MSH).
Research on animal test models suggests that Melanotan 2 is capable of stimulating melanin synthesis & promoting rapid tanning of the skin, thereby preventing sunlight-induced skin cancer (malignant melanoma).
STRUCTURE OF MELANOTAN 2
Molecular Formula: C50H69N15O9
Molecular weight: 1024.2g/mol
CAS number: 121062-08-6
IUPAC name: (3S,6S,9R,12S,15S,23S)-15-[[(2S)-2-acetamidohexanoyl]amino]-9-benzyl-6-[3-(diaminomethylideneamino)propyl]-12-(1H-imidazol-5-ylmethyl)-3-(1H-indol-3-ylmethyl)-2,5,8,11,14,17-hexaoxo-1,4,7,10,13,18-hexazacyclotricosane-23-carboxamide
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Melanotan 2 is a synthetic hormone that helps stimulate the production of a specific compound such as eumelanin, which causes the darkening or tanning of the skin.
Specifically, a scientific study on animal test subjects has determined that Melanotan 2 works in conjunction with a pituitary gland-based hormone called alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone.
It increases melanogenesis by stimulating the melanocortin-1 receptor. MT2 can also act on other melanocortin receptors, resulting in effects including penile erection, sexual arousal, and appetite suppression.
MELANOTAN 2 EFFECTS
Melanotan 2’s has many benefits because of its multifactorial mechanism of action on various melanocortin receptors in animal test subjects. The effects include:
- Sunless tanning
- Possible reduction in the risk of melanoma (skin cancer)
- Reduction in body fat and weight loss
- Possible increased libido
MELANOTAN 2 SIDE EFFECTS
The side effects of Melanotan 2 seen in animal test subjects include:
- Facial flushing
- Reduced appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Spontaneous erections (priapism) associated with yawning and stretching complex
- Stomach cramps
LOOKING FOR WHERE TO BUY MELANOTAN 2 ONLINE
When searching for research peptides online, it is paramount to buy from a trusted laboratory to ensure the integrity of your research.
Loti Labs offers affordable prices that come with quality control reports. We have in-depth customer support and a generous return policy when you buy Melanotan 2 for sale.
Visit our website or contact us today to buy Melanotan 2 online.
- Meek TH, Matsen ME, Damian V, Cubelo A, Chua SC, Jr., Morton GJ. Role of melanocortin signaling in neuroendocrine and metabolic actions of leptin in male rats with uncontrolled diabetes. Endocrinology. 2014;155(11):4157-4167.
- Xu Y, Kim ER, Fan S, et al. Profound and rapid reduction in body temperature induced by the melanocortin receptor agonists. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2014;451(2):184-189.
- Fani L, Bak S, Delhanty P, van Rossum EF, van den Akker EL. The melanocortin-4 receptor as a target for obesity treatment: a systematic review of emerging pharmacological therapeutic options. International journal of obesity (2005). 2014;38(2):163-169.
- Barrett CE, Modi ME, Zhang BC, Walum H, Inoue K, Young LJ. Neonatal melanocortin receptor agonist treatment reduces play fighting and promotes adult attachment in prairie voles in a sex-dependent manner. Neuropharmacology. 2014;85:357-366.
- Ugwu, S. O., Blanchard, J., Dorr, R. T., Levine, N., Brooks, C., Hadley, M. E., … & Hruby, V. J. (1997). Skin pigmentation and pharmacokinetics of Melanotan‐I in humans. Biopharmaceutics & drug disposition, 18(3), 259-269.