RAD-140 VS LGD-4033 (Testolone VS Ligandrol) ReviewAdmin
RAD-140 VS LGD-4033
Please Read our Disclaimer
RAD-140 and LGD-4033 belong to a class of compounds called Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs), which are similar to the natural testosterone produced in the body. They were developed to reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer and accelerating its progression associated with the use of testosterone therapy.
SARMs have been around since 1940, and their potential use has advanced considerably. They maximize the benefits of steroidal androgens, and minimize their side effects, providing therapeutic opportunities in different diseases. They bind to androgen receptors and demonstrate anabolic activity in different tissues; however, unlike their steroidal counterparts (testosterone), they can induce bone and muscle growth as well as shrink the prostate.
This review summarises the effects of RAD-140 vs LGD-4033 in a variety of diseases, including muscle wasting associated with burns, cancer, end-stage renal disease, osteoporosis, frailty, and hypogonadism.
Testosterone is a sex hormone that is important for regulating sex drive, bone and muscle mass, fat distribution, production of red blood cells, and sperm. A small amount of circulating testosterone is converted to estradiol, a form of estrogen. Therefore, changes seen with testosterone deficiency may be partly or completely due to a decrease in estradiol levels.
The concerns about administering testosterone because of its adverse effects on the prostate motivated the development of the new class of androgen receptor ligands called SARMS.
WHAT IS RAD-140 (Testolone)
RAD-140 is also known as testolone. Its first formulation was done by Radius Health, a pharmaceutical company, in 2010. In animal test subjects, it was as effective as testosterone in reducing cell death induced and a better alternative because of its androgenic effect on organs such as the muscle and brain without affecting the prostate adversely.
It is known for its neuroprotective effect and may be beneficial in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
RAD-140 mimics testosterone binding to androgen receptors in muscles and bones. However, in the prostate and breasts, it acts as an antagonist and blocks androgen receptor-mediated cellular proliferation. Therefore, it improves bone formation and muscle mass, while inhibiting the growth in the prostate and certain types of breast cancer.
WHAT IS LGD-4033 (Ligandrol)
LGD-4033 is also known as Ligandrol and Anabolicum. It is a new non-steroidal SARM. In animal models, LGD-4033 has demonstrated anabolic activity in the muscle, anti-resorptive and anabolic activity in bone, and a robust selectivity for muscle versus prostate.
It animal test studies it has been shown to be relatively safe and increases lean body mass in a short period without changing the prostate-specific antigen.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Ligandrol is selective to androgen receptors in the muscles and bones. It displays a high anabolic activity that stops muscle and bone wasting leading to increased build-up of muscle mass while reducing overall body fat. It doesn’t have any effect on major organs such as the heart, liver, kidneys, colon, prostate, and sebaceous glands.
EFFECTS OF RAD-140 AND LGD-4033
Clinical trials indicate that they are both safe and effective with minimal side effects compared to androgenic steroids. Their benefits include:
- The building of lean and strong muscles
- Weight loss
- Neuroprotection in severe diseases like dementia, and Alzheimer’s
The side effects include but are not limited to:
- Aggression caused by an increase in levels of testosterone
- Mood swings and anxiety
- Nausea and vomiting
- Breast tenderness
- Abnormal hair growth in female species
- Difficulty in sleeping
The androgen receptor has been a target for development focused on the treatment of pathological conditions arising from abnormal androgen levels. So the development of SARMs is timely to treat muscle wasting and functional limitations associated with acute and chronic illness and aging. Choosing between RAD-140 or LGD-4033 may prove to be a difficult task because of its many similarities. You can purchase either of them from Loti Labs. Buy liquid SARMs that are USA-made for the integrity of your research.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Database. Testolone, CID=44200882, https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Testolone (accessed on Jan. 2, 2020)
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Database. CID=44137686, https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/lgd-4033 (accessed on Jan. 2, 2020)
- Yu Z, He S, Wang D, et al. Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator RAD140 Inhibits the Growth of Androgen/Estrogen Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer Models with a Distinct Mechanism of Action. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23(24):7608–7620. doi:10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-17-0670
- Gadaj A, Ventura E, Ripoche A, Mooney MH. Monitoring of selective androgen receptor modulators in bovine muscle tissue by ultra-high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Food Chemistry: X. 2019 Dec;4:100056. DOI: 10.1016/j.fochx.2019.100056.